Pages

Monday, October 19, 2020

Monday Musings



Not to sound like a contestant on The Bachelor, but last week was a journey. It came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. I don't know about you but it feels like all the fears and anxiety of this dumpster fire of a year are reaching an apex. I'm exhausted. But it is in the darkest of nights that the stars shine brightest. If 2020 has had a theme it is appreciating the small things, moments we might have otherwise taken for granted. I now take the time to notice little beauties, like the crowded streets of Soho, signaling the resurgence of city. I imbibe in every minute of a three hour dinner with friends as if it were a delicious glass of Sauvignon Blanc. 

Sometimes it's even relishing in the beauty of another era. As of late, I have been completely consumed by Vogue's latest podcast, The 1990s. As an individual who worships at the alter of Anna Wintour, not to mention holds a profound level of nostalgia for the decade of my childhood, I am enraptured by every word. The series covers everything from the rise of the supermodel to the convention breaking grunge trend. I already find myself counting down the minutes until the latest episode drops on Thursday. I hope this little slice of heaven can brighten you week as well! 

Post Script: In one final musing, join me in wishing my beautiful mother the happiest of birthday's. It's no mystery why the whole world loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment