Pages

Monday, November 16, 2020

Monday Musings



Happy Monday dear friends! I'm beginning this week with a rather slow start, enjoying a steaming cup of oat milk coffee, admiring the sapphire blue sky out my window. With Covid cases spiking just about everywhere, the certainty of what each day will look like has vanished. I began a practice about seven months ago, when everything in my life felt in a state of limbo, and my anxiety reached a crescendo right before bedtime, to jot down in a journal, all the wonderful things from the day. I fear that when we have the hindsight perspective over 2020 all we will be able to recall is how horrible, and uncertain, and scary it was. But the truth is in the darkness there is beauty. When we ultimately return to our normal lives we will no longer take simple pleasures for granted. Never again will we wake up ignoring the fact that good health, and that of our loved ones, is a profound blessing. Never again will we ignore the security of a paycheck or toilet paper on the shelves. Even tasks I once dreaded I relish now because for a brief moment I thought could vanish forever. 

As we embark on the most magical time of year, let us not merely rejoice that this plight is coming to an end, but have gratitude for all it housed in spite of the ugliness. Take time to absorb every beautiful element of the season; every delicious bite of stuffing, every speck of glitter on each ornament, every whiff of pine. Perhaps even jot them down...

No comments:

Post a Comment