Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Trendy Tuesday




At the moment, it’s difficult to put your finger on the pulse of any singular trend (beyond tie dye loungewear) since so few of us bothering to get even dressed. But pre-quarantine (and during quarantine for those super dehydrated celebrities that are staging their pap walks) there was one trend I continued to see that peaked my interest just enough to purchase, black converse hightops. If you’re sitting there with a perplexed look on your face, or did a double take at the web address to make sure you were reading the correct blog, you are right to be confused. I will fully admit they’re not a look that’s in my usual wheelhouse. But after seeing a few women whose style I admire, incorporating them into their wardrobes, and realizing just how accessible their price point was, I couldn’t not try them. 

In New York, comfort is the name of the game when it comes to footwear, so sneakers have become a staple in my wardrobe. I’m a loyalist to my Golden Goose and Soludos options, but way back in the day my white Converses clocked a lot of miles. So while their black hightoped cousin is a fun, kind of funky deviation from my safe style repertoire, I know they will, at the very least, be functional. 

Incorporating an item outside your comfort zone, can be tricky, but what I’ve learned is to try and style it as true to your natural aesthetic as possible. This will provide a level of comfort so you feel confident to don your new accessory. Remember, fashion should always remain fun!

I’ve been pairing mine with my trusty white overalls (unfortunately no longer n stock but here and here are two comparable options), and my go to favorite pair of jeans 



No comments:

Post a Comment