Pages

Friday, July 24, 2020

Monday Musings



As you read this, I’m sitting on the Jitney headed to Long Island for my last week out east. To say I’m melancholy would be a tremendous understatement. It’s undeniable that this summer has transpired differently than anyone of us could have planned. So many of our creature comforts of years past have vanished. But with the deprivation comes abundant joy and blessings. What a gift it has been spending July evenings, not perspiring in humid Manhattan, but catching fireflies amongst the hydrangea in Southampton. I have no doubt a more comprehensive retrospective is forthcoming on all that I loved from my extended period on the south fork, but as we embark on this new week, the final one in July, let us all remember to appreciate every minute of this strange and wonderful journey. 

In that vein I’m sharing a few images that simply made me smile recently and hope they too can bring you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment