Pages

Monday, December 7, 2020

Monday Musings




I don't know about you but this holiday season I'm feeling a bit like a French hen with her head cut off. There are so many things I want to get finished before Kris Kringle slides down the chimney; wishlists to write, gift guides to share, gingerbread houses to decorate, packages to wrapped and so on and so on that I don't really know where to begin. It's become a bit of a cliche to say that is one's favorite time of the year, but for me it has always been particularly special. Nestled between mountains of steaming mashed potatoes and garlands of holly and mistletoe, is my birthday. This makes all the normal festivity's all the more special and while this year will undoubtably look a bit different I'm determined to extract the maximum amount of cheer out of the season. Last week was a mirage of celebrations. In true only child fashion I managed to parlay my single day into a week long extravaganza compete with several helpings of chocolate cake, ice skating at Rockefeller center, three hour long dinners at my favorite restaurant American Bar, and soaking in all my abundant blessings. To say that I'm feeling the spirit of the season would be an understatement, so let's swaddle ourselves in tartan, sting the popcorn for the tree and fully immerse in the most wonderful time of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment