Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Gift Guide: These are a Few of My Favorite Things



As we recently discussed there are so many things I want to share in this beautiful crescendo up to Christmas but with my enthusiasm for sharing all that is swimming around in my head, I suffered a moment of panic, where to begin?  A charmingly mischievous nun turned nanny once told me "let's start at the very beginning", so that is where we will begin. I could think of no better recommendations than a list of my absolute favorite things, because they always say that you should give a gift you would love to receive. 

Shopping being the only sport at which I excel, I feel particularly qualified to give an abundant of suggestions for gifts. To me, there is nothing that embodies the spirit of the season more than holiday shopping. We are so blessed that, in the midst of a global pandemic, our ever evolving virtual world makes gift giving as easy as clicking a mouse. 

Lake Pajamas: There are few items as pajamas as synonymous with Christmas. Since I outgrew my darling crimson nightgowns as a child (I think I may have had this very one) I've forgone the kitchy themed pajamas. I'm of the personal believe things like that are best up to children. So you won't find me in a themed set, excluding black watch plaid. I prefer more versatile, timeless sleepwear which is why Lake is perfect. Their made of the absolute softest quality, that you will love all year round! I personally told Santa about this set. 

Hill House Home Nap Dresses: I sound like a bit of a broken record when it comes to my adoration of these frocks but my love runs deep. The chicest silhouettes and the softest fabric result in a crescendo of comfort and elegance. I will be wearing these all holiday season and beyond. (though you really cannot go wrong with anything on their site). 

Inslee Calendars: I'm of the personal belief that because last year was the first in nearly a decade that I didn't have my apartment adorned with one of Inslee's charming calendars, is why 2020 was such a dismal. I took no chances and ordered on presale way back in November but I promise you can give no better gift. (You can also find Inslee's beautifully festive trinkets at Anthropologie. I was just gifted this gorgeous hand towel by one of my best friends and I'm totally smitten) 

Ugg Slippers: Perhaps one of the only practical quarantine purchases I made, these slippers have seen me through the doldrums of this pandemic and will see me well beyond. They're a great price point, and so cozy that any recipient will thank you! 

Artemis Shoes: I recently told of my love for this footwear and I just wanted to reiterate it. They are so well crafted, not to mention absolutely beautiful, you (or the recipient) will love them for years to come.

La Ligne Sweaters: Another one of my go-to's that I've sung the praises of on here but I cannot stop talking about my love for this chic knitwear. They have every pattern, silhouette, and color combination under the sun so there is definitely something for everyone. (Hoping to find this beauty under the tree)


Happy Shopping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment