Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Gift Guide: A Little Luxury



If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that after this year we are entitled to indulge. So wether that means a tin of the most delicious caviar from (my neighbor) Russ & Daughter, splurging on that pair of Manolos you've been eyeing, or merely indulging in a guilty pleasure television show, it's time to imbibe. 

With the doldrums of winter looming, and the promise that this season will be particularly brutal thanks to Covid (also the Farmer's Almanack promises a very snowy year) I anticipate extended periods indoors. As an only child, I learned to flex the solitude muscle at a young age, so extra time at home doesn't necessarily terrify me. It does, however, inspire me to upgrade some of my everyday convinces to extricate the maximum amount of fabulousness. I think the only way to make our seclusion desirable is to turn up the volume a bit. Let's add some glamour to our lives, let's incorporate some little luxuries, let's indulge. And what better gift to give a loved one than the excuse to enjoy some opulence?

Silk Pillow Cases: My latest little treat are these luscious silk shams. My hair has never looked better in the morning and my dreams never sweeter. 

White and Warren Travel Wrap: Recently I've misplaced a very beloved cashmere cardigan. It was one of my absolute favorite articles of clothing. Originally worn out on the town, but after a few years was retired to the comfort of my apartment. It was comforting and cozy and added a certain level of sophistication to any housebound ensemble. As I mourn this profound loss I'm looking to fill the void and this White and Warren travel wrap has been at the very top of my wishlist for years. Nothing says luxury like cashmere. 

Lake Pajamas Robe: In the same vein of missing my cashmere cardi, I'm looking to add a luxurious robe to my collection and I can think of nothing dreamier than this Lake one

Quality Candles: One thing that can instantly elevate a room is a quality candle. The warmth that the flame exudes, coupled with the delicious scent, you can instantly be transported to more desirable locales. This Diptyqye candle is my absolute favorite, as is this Anthropologie Spruce candle (which I plan on burning well into January), this Jo Malone candle is another fan favorite, and this luscious Ralph Lauren Bedford scent is always a crowd pleaser in my family. 

Nightgown:Since college sleepwear has been my thing, I always teased my roommate quality pajama was imperative because you never know who you meet in your dreams 😉. I've amassed quite a collection, but nothing feels quite as elegant as a gorgeous nightgown. This Hill House Home Caroline Nap Dress hits all must-haves and honestly I've never slept better. 

Silk Pajamas: We often assume that grandeur is synonymous with expense and that doesn't necessarily have to be the case. I recently purchased this darling set from Amazon. I'm very vocally opposed to fast fashion but sometimes a good deal is just too difficult to pass up. Bonus they come in micro styles as well!

 Body Scrub: My tub is a bit too shallow to make baths enjoyable so I have to seek out opportunities to elevate my showers. This Herbivore body butter is heaven on earth. It has the most scrumptious scent and leaves your skin baby soft. Any recipient will love it. 

Hand-Engraved Carafe: One of the things that brings me the most joy is minor upgrades to mundane objects. Imagine how indulgent it would feel pouring your nightly glass of water from this beauty. 

Nap Dresses: Athleisure has never really been my jam. I'm much more of an oversized cozy sweater or mens Oxford kind of gal, so the nap dress is the perfect solution to elevated, comfortable dressing at home. I may or may not own eight...

Daniel Green Scuff Slippers: If we're talking the epitome of glamour, these slippers are it. When I came across them I was immediately transported back in time, watching my grandmother in her chiffon housecoat, at her dressing table, wearing these gorgeous slippers. If we're looking to up the ante at home, these golden dreams would certainly do the trick! 


No comments:

Post a Comment