Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Collar Me Surprised



As we're discussed at length here,  I don't consider myself a particularly trendy person. But every so often I am seduced by the latest fad. Whenever I read about the latest style that it's in vogue, I try to mull over whether it's something I can incorporate into my own wardrobe. Does it align with my personal aesthetic? Do I even like it or am I merely being told to? Does it have even a modicum of staying power? There are so many I've fallen susceptible to; off-the-shoulder tops, bucket bags, puff sleeved shirts. Oh my gosh, remember those gaudy statement necklaces we were all told were the height of fashion in college? I shudder at the memory. But this year there's one style I just can't decided if I like, oversized collars. 

With a deep fascination for the Amish, there is so much I admire about their culture, apple butter and carpentry skills being only tip of the iceberg, but their style choices has never been at the top of my list. But in the same vein, I'm a huge fan of an unexpected embellishment. It adds an element of polish and depth to an otherwise mundane outfit. But is this the one? I just cannot decide. 

In some cases I'm smitten, like this Loeffler Randal removable collar. In others I feel like Shirley Temple. I decided to dip my toe into the waters and purchase this reasonably priced H&M blouse to help me suss out my feelings. I have to admit I'm crushing pretty hard. 

Here are a few other adaptations of the trend that I'm feeling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment