Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

A New Normal




When last we spoke I shared all my current fears and trepidations that have accompanied the tumultuous nature of the world at the moment, and my personal quest to seek out what is missing most in my life, inspiration.

The landscape of our days have changed dramatically, work hours flow into leisure time which drifts back into work seamlessly on an endless loop, making time feel as though it goes on forever. As someone who relishes structure, I haven’t responded well to this new normal. Which brings me back to my new personal initiative. I have become so stressed and anxious about what the future holds that so much of what previously brought me a multitude of joy, activities that made me me, have felt trivial and unimportant. Gone are the hours of pouring over celebrity gossip and royal news, the empty moments immersing myself with the aspirational images of Instagram, even shopping has left me feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. But no longer! In an experimental attempt to reinvigorate and center myself once again, I’ve committed to carving out pockets of my day to indulge in what brings me joy. And to further this quest I want to share these discoveries with you. So whether it be a the simplicity of a beautiful image on instagram, a humorous anecdote, an article of clothing I’ve recently purchased and loved, I intend on sharing it all. Oh and let’s get back to Bedtime Tory’s too...

So here’s to the images above, today’s little slice of heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment