Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

First Monday in May



Today is normally my Super Bowl, a day brimming with excitement and anticipation. But, as if the state of the world wasn’t gloomy enough (seriously, have you heard about the killer hornets that are apparently descending upon parts of Washington?) my beloved Met Gala is cancelled this year. I suppose the melancholy I feel today is what sports fans have been grappling with for the past month and a half, but as Gal Gadot tried to tell us, we’re all in this together.

I hope my tongue and cheek humor is translating via cyber space, because of course I know this is hardly a genuine tragedy in the face of all that so many are experiencing during this unprecedented time. So please know this is said with the upmost respect for what is going on in the world. Nevertheless, we need to seek solace in any form in which it is available so I’ve rounded up some of my all time favorite looks from Met Galas past. Without further ado, cue up The First Monday in May, immerse yourself in the gossip of the celebrities that dared to speak out against the event, and enjoy some fashion.




















And don’t forget to head over to my stories on Instagram and vote for your favorite looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment