Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

What I’m Loving





We’re in a time where even the most basic comforts provide an abundance of security. So I thought it my civic duty to share what little luxuries are giving me solace in these unchartered waters. Because, if nothing else, this crisis has taught us that it’s really all about the material things, right?

Skincare:
Not wearing makeup has had it’s benefits, though I do still shock myself when I walk past any reflective surface. This time has gifted me the ability to give my skin a little extra TLC. The product I simply cannot live without is Biologique Recherche p50 Toning Lotion. I’ve been on the BR train for about a year now and have to confess it is the only product that has left a noticeable difference with my skin. Not technically a lotion at all, it’s much more of a toner (which I admit to know very little about other than it’s supposed to happen post cleansing and pre moisturizing) it purifies my skin, and leaves it vastly more glowy. There’s a reason it is the obsession of every makeup artist and beauty blogger.

Entertainment:
After being peer pressured into binge watching Tiger King, like the rest of humanity, I was left with a giant feline sized void in my life that similarly to Joe Exotic, I will may never financially (i.e. emotionally) recover from. I was desperate for some salacious smut to occupy myself. Enter Unsolved Mysteries. Before the phrase “guilty pleasure” was coined, I was obsessed with this show. I vividly recall watching it with my parents on Friday evenings (naturally after TGIF concluded) and fearing for my life when entering the bathroom- because who knew what was lurking behind that shower curtain. Well you’ll be happy to know the majority of the series is on Hulu for your viewing pleasure. And BONUS: most of the originally cases have been updated and solved, providing a lovely bookend to those OCD audience members who desperately needed to know how the stories ended. And p.p.s the show has apparently been rebooted by Netflix with new episodes on the horizon!


Wearing:
There’s a particular level of depression one reaches when the majority of your days are spent in sweatpants (these are literally my favorite thing I own at the moment- and they’re 30% off!). Because of this I’ve been doing two things, getting fully dressed (read: no leggings but no makeup, either) as often as possible, so about 3-4 days a week, and I’ve also allowed myself to purchase a few reasonably priced new loungewear pieces to make my days just a tad more bearable. These lounge pants are the perfect tool to give the illusion that I have my life together but are secretly just fancy sweatpants in disguise. And finally these cozy soft sweatpants are the perfect staple to any wardrobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment