Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Magic Carpet Ride


Photo Credit: Mark D. Sikes Interiors

With the change of season comes a new reality. Summer provided a brief interlude to our house arrest sentence, but with cooler temperatures on the horizon, and a second wave all but inevitable, it’s fair to assume we will be spending a great deal of time within our dwellings. Manhattan isn’t a city where people  generally spend extended periods of time in their tiny studio apartments, so this is just one of many new normals we’re facing. I’ve decided to take this opportunity to make some minor improvements and upgrades to my humble abode. 

The first item on my agenda was to upgrade my rug. After a substantial amount of wear and tear on my previous indoor/outdoor purchase, I wanted to opt for something that offered more warmth and would have more longevity. I ultimately landed on this Mark D. Sikes La Miranda Handwoven piece. But after dedicating a substantial amount of time to searching for just the right fit, I ended up acquiring an extensive catalog of gorgeous options that I thought I would share with you (in case, you too, are on the hunt). 



No comments:

Post a Comment