Pages

Friday, November 25, 2022

Black Friday

I had hoped our reintroduction in this arena would consist of a little more style, but with all this Black Friday madness I felt obliged to shelve all of my drafted posts and dive right in. I don't know about you, but this new strategy of spreading out the sales (some started last week) produces excessive amounts of anxiety and pressure. The sheer volume of content is extremely overwhelming. So many of the brands that I love, or items I've been eyeing, are offering substantial discounts that it's difficult to know where to begin. Recently, I've been taking a different, more mindful, approach to shopping (more on that soon) so for me it's important to get organized and try to keep the impulse shopping at bay. 

For me, the best way to do this is by making lists. I constantly have an expanding catalog on my Notes app pertaining to items I'd like to buy. I consulted this list and cross-referenced it with sites that are offering these articles at a discount. This makes it much more difficult for me to lose my way in the cyber space wilderness. 

Another ongoing file pertains to gifts. I try my best to avoid the deadline panic that inevitably sets in come December 1st by jotting down ideas throughout the year for my nearest and dearest. Whether it's a little reference they make or an item that I happen across, it's easy to consult at a glance. 

The final list are the retailers for which I am on their mailing list. I try to be diligent about cleaning out my email subscriptions (unroll.me.com is fantastic for this) so now the only offers I'm receiving are from companies I genuinely shop regularly. This makes it much easier for me to note the sales I wholeheartedly recommend. 

Lake-25% off site wide 

There are a few brands of which I sing their praises to anyone and everyone that will listen. (I genuinely send out text alerts to my entire book club when they offer sales) Lake Pajamas are almost exclusively in what I sleep. Made of the softest material known to man, flattering silhouettes, and the cutest patterns on the market, they are a great gift for anyone on you list. I add at least one pair to my collection every sale. 

My favorites include Long-Short Weekend Set* / Long-Sleeve Weekend Set* / Children's Ornament Print / Pima Weekend Bundle 

Shopbop- 25% off select items (the discount applies to a vast majority of their items and is, depending on what you are purchasing, better than their semiannual sale) 

Splits 59 Flare Leggings* The Great Cardigan / Citizens of Humanity Charlotte Jeans* / ASTR the Label Puff Sleeve Top /Lizzie Fortunato Pearl Earrings / Bambine Isabelle Bag

Reformation- 25% off Site Wide 

Boyfriend Cashmere Sweater / Cashmere Polo Sweater / Liam Long Cardigan / Evan Cashmere Sweater Dress / Berri Cashmere Polo Sweater*

Net-a-Porter- Up to 50% off select items 

This one is a bit of a hit or miss since only certain items are discounted but it's worth checking out some of your favorite brands to see if specific articles are on sale. May I suggest a Hunza G swimsuit (my absolute favorite) or a La Ligne sweater

Tory Burch- 30% off Sale 

I constantly keep my eye on Tory Burch's ready-to-wear sale section and this is the ideal time to pull the trigger on any pieces I've been watching.

Tassel Caftan / Pleated Dress / Velvet Devoré Dress / Tory Sport Leggings* 

Tuckernuck- Up to 30% Off Order 

Floral Ruffle Blouse/ Emerson Caftan / Woven Ballet Flat

Theory- Up to 40% off site wide 

Double-Face Wool Cashmere Wrap Trench

Lizzie Fortunato Jewels- 20% off site wide 

I've been eyeing their jewelry for months and think it is the opportune time to treat myself to a little holiday sparkle! 


I'm also taking up the opportunity to replenish all of my cosmetics shopping Kerastase, Josie Marin, and Glossier's sales. 


Shop This Post: 

*:Items I'm shopping 

No comments:

Post a Comment