Pages

Monday, January 18, 2021

Under Construction




Where to begin? I carved out this tiny corner of cyberspace almost exactly a decade ago. A sobering reality that is both astounding and incredibly discouraging. I never set out for fortune or fame (though would be lying if I were to say those wouldn't have been a welcome bonus) but because I arrogantly believed I had a genuinely unique perspective to offer the collective conversation. Success never came. The culpability is all mine, it's a combination of lack of consistency, mediocre content, and a great deal of imitation. Along the way I started emulating strategies of the successful or aesthetics I found inspiring, and through the process I lost my of voice. 

I started to ask myself what sets me apart? Where is my perspective? What is my contribution to this oversaturated sea of mediocrity. Do I even have anything to contribute?  When does inspiration become appropriation? 

I knew a change needed to be made, but what? And after much deliberation, it finally dawned on me, we're going back to the basics. 

I'm going to return to the posts that inspire me, that bring me joy, that I would want to read. 

Lifestyle blogs have become a bit of a catchall for those that extend beyond beauty, or fashion, or food. I want to try to reinvent the definition of a lifestyle blog, I want to move beyond the umbrella term and actually discuss how to formulate a particular lifestyle. We're going to discuss it all. And don't worry, my ideas of grander have vanished, I realized I'm the ultimate authority on very little, so what I share will be a compilation of research and experience. 

We're going to find a way to pay reverence to the nostalgia, sophistication, and etiquette of eras gone by while bringing that into the progressive, innovated, modern world of today.  

However this metamorphosis will take a bit of time so I ask you to grant me a few weeks to consult my extensive library of knowledge and create the content you deserve.

I promise, it will all be worth the wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment