Pages

Monday, October 5, 2020

Monday Musings


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Happy Monday and happy October, dear friends. Monday is my favorite day on the blog because it is my opportunity to indulge in totally vapid stream on conscious thoughts that I then force you to read. This past weekend was the ideal mixture of high and low quality content, meaning Friday night was filled with Instagram worthy happy hour dirty martinis and socially distanced  sidewalk chats with strangers while The Freedom Tower glittered in the distance. Followed by the perfectly lazy Saturday where I accomplished nothing other than nursing a hangover of said martinis. It's all about balance right? 

What a rollercoaster last week was. Yikes! In these dark and uncertain times I find myself clamoring for humor to remind us of the ease that was our lives before the "shitshow" that is 2020. George Hahn has become my savior and messiah. Whether it's his terrifyingly accurate satirical shorts, or his cerebrations over his love for Manhattan, his voice and perspective is social media equivalent of curling up in an Hermes cashmere throw. It is not a fallacy to admit I have now watched every single one his IG videos and I suggest you do the same. I promise, you won't regret it. (And bonus points if you can tell me on which iconic television show he had a guest role). 

No comments:

Post a Comment