Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

What I’m Loving Lately




Lately, I’ve been finding such comfort in the melodies from The Sound of Music soundtrack. Julie Andrews angelic voice has become the score of my life at the present moment but the messages of the lullabies transcend the film. A Few of My Favorite Things has always been a personal favorite of mine and, in times like these, I have clung to this approach. “When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I’m feeling sad...” I do genuinely think of some of my favorite things and then, as Maria promised, I don’t feel so bad. Since finding these elements of joy has become my personal quest, I wanted to share them with you in hopes that they too, brighten your day.

The smell of the sea air from Flying Point Beach, as I round the bend on my 7 am runs.

The comfort and sophistication of Hill House Home’s nap dresses: In my favorite holiday film, Miracle on 34th Street, one enthusiastic shopper informed the general manager of Cole’s Department Store that she intends to shop there “for everything but toilet paper and bananas”. That’s how I feel about HHH. One of their earlier shoppers, I fell in love with the company via my dreamy bedding that I purchased three years ago but after finally snagging two of their illustrious Nap Dresses it’s fair to say I’m buying whatever they’re selling for the foreseeable future. (Unfortunately they’re sold out of most patterns/ colors but join the mailing list to scoop up the next line).

A juicy summer peach. 

The opening bars of Martha Stewart Living’s theme song. I’m fairly confident I’m one of about a dozen people that pays $2.99 for a monthly subscription for access to all her episodes. A bargain, in my opinion. 

A good book, most recently referring to In Five Years by Rebecca Serle. When first I began this I thought it was just a run of the mill romantic drama but this book is so much more. Dannie Cohan has a premonition on the night of her engagement of what her life will look like in five years, complete with an entirely different apartment, in Brooklyn, a different engagement ring on her finger, and to a man she’s never met. She’s able to dismiss the dream as an odd dream until she meets the man from her premonition, four and a half years later, when her best friend introduces him as her boyfriend. The perfect beach read, with slightly more depth and emotion this story will have you hooked until the very last page. (Stay tuned for my entire book club rundown- coming very soon!) 

I’d love to know what some of your favorite things are, and if you’re so inclined, revisit a catalogue of some of mine 

No comments:

Post a Comment