Pages

Monday, December 28, 2020

Monday Musings



Hello lovelies, in true 2020 fashion, and in a post Christmas daze, I absolutely did not realize today was Monday. Happy final week of the worst year of our collective lives! What a journey 2020 has been. Usually after Christmas a very specific kind of melancholy sets in, but it is my personal belief that 2021 promises to hold an abundance of good fortunes.  

Are we doing resolutions this year? I've considered it. I recently saw someone frame them as "intentions" and I think I prefer that. I have intentions for the new year. I intend to adopt a few new hobbies (and brush up on a few old ones), I intend on getting out of my reading rut, I intend to watch all those movies I've always wanted to see, I intend to journal more and worrying less. I think all we can intend is to be grateful for a clean slate, a fresh opportunity for positivity, and the ability to recognize and apprecaite the most trivial things we once took for granted. 

As I look back over the past 365 days I'm reminded of a very personal post I wrote back in June. At the time, so much of our lives felt like they were in free fall but in a desperate need to cling to any level of optimism I promised you (but mostly myself) that there would come a time when the sun would shine again. I believe that is what 2021 is. It's not going to be perfect, I have no doubt it will be full of peaks and valleys, just like any other, but it also is the bright light of the dawn. It's coming and I intend to savor every second. 

Here comes the sun, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment